Monday, November 10, 2014

My Veteran

It's 10:15pm, and I'm just starting this blog post. I swear I really was planning on starting it this morning, but I woke up sick. Then I was going to work on it this afternoon, and the dog distracted me because he's having heart problems {super sad face}. Finally, I planned on starting when Will went to sleep, but he fell asleep on me. Not that that's unusual, it's just that he usually rolls off after fifteen- twenty minutes. An hour and a half later...

I can't even tell you how many pictures I have of him like this. Several appear throughout my Instagram already, and I'm sure there are more to come. We've spent so many nights apart in the last almost seven years, that I still appreciate every moment of snuggles, and I hope it never gets old.


I've been a little sick off and on this week, and he's made me meals in bed, doted on me, and helped around the house. We have our 'moments' just like any other couple, but I can't be anything but thankful for my Prince Charming. If I wasn't already, I'd totally marry him again.
Well, now that this has gone completely off tangent, I will go ahead and wish a Happy Veteran's Day to all the Vets out there. You are all pretty great, but he's my fave.



Hope you all have a Happy Veteran's Day, and eat lots of yummy food. We've mapped out our meals based on the specials in the area, and I'm feeling pretty confident that our guys are going to be FAT and happy afterwards. It seems like an odd way to celebrate, but hey...I'm not here to argue when it comes to free food. Speaking of, remember that your food may be free, but the service isn't. Don't forget to tip and for gosh sakes don't be a cheap @ss. Secondly, for all the military spouses- DON'T get all offended when establishments don't give you free food. YOU weren't the one living in a dessert, eating MRE's, crawling with bugs, and in danger. I'm not saying it wasn't hard, but this is NOT your day. Mmmmmkay?

I don't care what those viral posts say, thank a Veteran!
PS. If you are a Blog Designer or interested in sending Care Packages to soldiers, I have TWO female Veterans that you can support. Please let me know if you are interested, and I will be happy to work with you!




16 comments:

Jenn said...

I think it's awesome how you two love one another, and how strong you both are because of what you've been through.
Please thank Will for his service. And thank YOU for everything that you do to make his service possible, and the sacrifices you BOTH make. Freedom certainly isn't free. Thank you both :)

Nikki said...

Thank you to Will and you for your service!

Katelynn Sue said...

Love it! Thank you both for being fellow veterans/veteran's spouse. It's definitely not a walk in the park but God put us all on this path for a reason! :)

Mandie said...

Beautiful post, my friend. & thank your hubby for me & tell him that I appreciate everything he does for this country & for you. :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

such a sweet post :) my husband won't take part in the free food and whatnot, and i definitely wouldn't expect it being a spouse.. i can't believe some people do!

Helene in Between said...

I love this! and thank you for taking care of such a great veteran- you deserve thanks too :)

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Thanks to your husband for his service and you for holding down the home front.

Hope Weisser is okay!

Sam said...

Sending hugs to both of you!!!

Lauren @ Genuinely Lauren said...

THANK YOU! As a military spouse myself, I can't tell you how aggravating it is when wives feel they get respect or free things just because their husband is military. My sister (another military spouse) warned me about it but I couldn't believe that these women actually exist. They can't sit with us!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Such a handsome vet you have there! Please thank your hubby for his service for me. So grateful for men like hime!

psychelyn said...

I admire veterans and soldiers for their valour. It takes a lot of sacrifice to leave loved ones behind for the sake of service. You are a wonderful wife to him, cherishing every moment together. Cheers to the veterans day.

P!nky said...

That pictures is so beautiful. Isn't it fun when your husband sleeps on you, best feeling ever, right?!?!

Hope you feel better and get to enjoy the free food. I always love seeing the groups of young Army guys at Outback when we take my dad out to eat. I take a moment to say thanks to them, too!

Thank you to WILL and to you for supporting your man. Our country is so grateful for all the sacrifices y'all deal with to keep us safe. I love you both!

ps.com I"M INTERESTED IN HELPING support one of those ladies!!

Kelly said...

Thank you to your hubby and all of the other great veterans!

xx Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Courtney B said...

A huge thank you to Will for all that he has sacrificed for our freedoms! And really, you deserve a huge thank you because you give so much of your heart to our country as well! You and Will are such a power couple and I'm so glad you have each other!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Sweet post!! I took my vet out to breakfast. He didn't want to go to an of the 'free' places but that's okay-it was on me.

Unknown said...

I know it's hard to be a military wife, but I'm glad that you don't just let us see, but you also let us feel how important your husband is to you. I admire your strength in facing every struggles while your husband is not with you. Thanks for sharing that, Janna! With your post, military spouses out there will love their partners more and more everyday. All the best! :)

Brad Post @ Jan Dils

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...