Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Corks And Cattle


Remember that fight I was having with myself? Well, we finally got it all talked out, and my wonderfully sweet husband surprised me with a Thursday night date last week. We've been wanting to check out a local  wine and meat chop called Corks and Cattle, so he told me to dress fancy and whisked me away on an impromptu date.



We drank wine, shopped their great wine selection, and enjoyed the ambiance until we got hungry. We weren't paying $24.99 for a plate of cheese, so Will took me to my favorite place in town for my newest obsession, Taj Gyros. I was happy as a clam already, but THEN he set out candles and Jazz music for some living room slow dancing. Be still my heart...We have been lacking in the romantic moments category with everything going on lately, but not anymore! Slow dancing in your living room should be on everyone's date night list, and I can suggest a few bottles of vino to spice up the night.


This is a picture of me ecstatic that Corks & Cattle has two of my favorite brands, and subsequently inspired me to share said favorites with you. Now, you can't go wrong with Pinot Grigio or a Reisling, but that's just the beginning. I've moved on to drinking Sauvignon Blanc and Syrah, and I'm always discovering new wines that surprise me. I used to only check the alcohol content, but after visiting Napa I got a little spoiled and enjoy it on a new level. You can make any wine taste okay {Sangria, Spritzer}, but if you are in the mood for a party on your palette, you need to try the following.



Honig Winery || You see two Honig bottles above, and that's because it is my favorite! They have amazing wines made using honey, which yields the only dessert wine I'll ever drink. I'm telling you, that tall skinny bottle is worth every penny they charge {hint: It ain't cheap}, but the other wines they offer are much cheaper. Find in specialty shops and World Market.
Cakebread || I'm sure you've all heard of Cupcake wines, but I'll tell you a secret.. it's a knockoff of Cakebread {Gasp}. This is mainly because Cakebread isn't as available as I'd like it to be. I was actually surprised to find it in a store, because typically they exclusively distribute to restaurants. Needless to say, if you like Cupcake, you will LOVE Cakebread.
Conundrum || Is a go to brand for us. We know that it will always have a smooth taste, lots of flavor, and a reasonable price tag. I love that it's pretty available in stores and restaurants.
Opus One || I saved for last because it is $200+ a bottle. I'm sure you can find a cheap version that is just as good, but I sure haven't. Maybe it's the memories attached to it, maybe it's the grand vineyard that transports you, or maybe it's just that they make a damn good wine. Anywho, it must be on the list because this is my list, and I love it. #winesnob

If you ask me whether I'd like to go out or stay in, I will almost always choose staying in for a romantic evening. The wine is cheaper, it's more relaxed, and it takes less time to get to the boudoir. However, this was a lovely way to have the best of both worlds. These intimate moments are what make marriage worth it, and I live from moment to moment.





16 comments:

Angie said...

What a special night
All marriages need nights like that from time to time!

P!nky said...

Surprise date and wine date, sounds amazing to me! Well done, Will! xoxo

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Well look at that handsome fella of yours come in and swoop you off your feet and save the day!!! What a wonderful evening.

A Life Without Mofongo said...

Wine date's are the best. I love wine I'm going to have to try the Honig one.

Helene in Between said...

well i need to show this to michael bc this sounds so perfect!! what a fun night!

Nicole said...

I'm glad the fight has ended. The worse ones are with ourselves!

Jen said...

Looks like a neat place!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fabulous surprise date night!! I am going to have to look for that Cakebread wine as I am a fan of the Cupcake Pinot Noir and if you say that this is better well then I am all for trying it!

Mandie said...

Aren't you two just right out of romantic comedy?! How sweet! I love it! :)

Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

Rach said...

Sounds like you guys had a great night! :)

Just Another Shopaholic said...

A wine date sounds perfect!!

http://justanothershopaholic.blogspot.com

Kenzie Smith said...

Sounds like the perfect date night!

Kelly said...

Aww, what a fun date night!

Emily @ Martinis | Bikinis said...

How sweet of the hubs! Very romantic!

Jean said...

That sounds like a perfect night! I'd want more than cheese, too! Love having both romance in& out of the home ;)

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Love the date! I can't wait until Kev gets home so we can do much of the same. I belong to a wine club and just got my case this week and a hoing bottle was in there. Now I am interested to try it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...