Thursday, June 26, 2014

Anyone Know How To Get Blood Out Of Carpet?

Man, yesterday was some kind of day.


And that was just the tip of  the iceberg. The real fun started when Weiser started puking at 1AM. You can just picture me cleaning the carpet with a flashlight trying not to wake up Will, and then following the mutt around the backyard with the same flashlight checking his poo status. We keep it classy 'round here.

He spent the day at the vet getting pampered, and although we still don't know the exact cause, he's on medicine, we've switched his food {yet again}, and we tiptoed around the house trying to keep him in bed. Do you know how hard it is to keep a Weimaraner from following you all over the house? It doesn't even matter that he's only part Weim or sick, he's a shadow dog and he has us trained a little too well.


I wasn't the only one with dirty jobs, though. We had to take Weiser's temperature 'rectally', and I told Will, "That's all you, champ." Not a single shred of guilt was felt, even if he did grill bangin' steaks for dinner. Fun fact, dogs temperatures range from 98 to 102, so don't freak out like I did. But seriously, how do you get blood stain out of carpet?

While I work on the carpet, feel free to enter Helene's giveaway. She's pretty amazing and I most definitely love Sephora. $200 dolla makes me holla!

 Win $200 to Sephora!

Jordyn : The Fairy Princess Diaries //  Elena : Baby Ridley Bump // Lauren : Lot 48




15 comments:

HickChickBritt said...

Hydrogen peroxide baking soda and a little oxyclean. Scrub in let sit then press with a cold wet wash cloth.

Helene in Between said...

oh man i HATE days like that! I am so sorry!thanks for sharing the giveaway :)

Jenn said...

Awww, I SO hope he's feeling better and on the mend! It's SO scary when your pets get sick--you feel totally helpless :(
Try resolve carpet cleaner. It's worked magic on our rugs/carpets when we've had stains.

P!nky said...

OH man you poor thing lady! I'm sorry puppers isn't feeling well! I <3 you!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Some days just be's like that. Hope the dog and your carpet make it!! I don't blame you. No way would I be doing the temp.

Nicole Pastika said...

We had a similar night with our pup last night. 3:30am cleaning carpet and the rest of the night I half slept so I could listen for any noise or fluid escaping her. Prayers for a better night tonight! I hope your baby is feeling better.

Brittney, Breaking Free said...

Hope hes feeling better soon, and you got the blood out of the carpet.

Kristie's Blue Jeans said...

Poor guy! Try Folex. It's at home depot in a white bottle with purple writing. It is my go to stain remover on white carpet!

Meghan said...

I hope your baby feels better soon! & good to know it's not only my weim who's like a shadow! Got to love them though!

Melzie at Ribbons and Rotor Blades said...

Hydrogen peroxide! We used that in our carpet when our Weim cut her foot and bled all over it. I learned the trick when I taught in a children's hospital. Always took the blood out of kids winter gloves

Alana Christine said...

I think I would have just crawled back into bed and only gotten up for Will's steaks! hahaha. I'm sure he would have loved that.

ChristmasOwl07 said...

your fur baby is so cute. Not sure how'd you get blood out of the carpet unless you have that carpet spray. maybe that helps. im not sure. anything but bleach.
http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/06/thank-you.html

Brittany said...

A sick dog is the worst :( I hate it because you have no idea what is wrong. Hope he feels better soon

Blush and Barbells said...

Poor doggie :( I hope he's feeling better.
Baby wipes are miraculous stain removers.

Rach said...

Aww, I hope he's feeling better by now! Having a sick pet is just so sad. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...