Monday, May 19, 2014

I Don't Pay Full Price, Like EVER

I can picture Will reading this now... He's going to question why I didn't unveil my latest project {the one he demanded I post about today}, but unfortunately, that got a little labor intensive around midnight, so you are all just going to have to wait a little longer to see my newest masterpiece. Sleep is my friend, people.

Instead, I'm going to brag about the little shopping spree I went on yesterday. You see, Will and I give each other an allowance each month of 'fun money' to blow, and I have a hard time spending the money. Sure, I always like new clothes and what not, but the amount of clothes I already have is not conducive to Military moves. However, I have been trying to update my wardrobe to a wider variety of age appropriate and/or conservative items, which totally happened today, and it happened on CLEARANCE!



Up until yesterday, I didn't actually know that Altar'd State had physical stores, but boy was I happy with their Buy One, Get One 50% off Sale merchandise AND a 15% Military Discount! I walked out with four dresses and three rings for $130, when I would have spent $400+ full retail. On top of that, we stopped at Tar-Jay, and I picked up another four shirts on clearance, paying $40 for what would have been $110.This is why I DON'T pay full price people! 


Now let's talk about these rings. I had seen Midi rings, but had no clue what they were.  Let's just say name or no name, I'm obsessed. I think they are super fun, and I told Will that the arrow is the one that Cupid shot into my heart. Hey, you gotta love super cheesy reasoning for buying jewelry. I love any reason to buy jewelry.

So what do you think? Would you wear them? And more importantly...do you pay full price?


Now that I'm officially WAY past my bedtime, hope everyone has a fantabulous week, and come back Wednesday for the reveal! Promise this time.

22 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Way to go :) You did a great job!

Unknown said...

gotta love the deals and those midi rings are CUTE but i feel like certain ladies can pull them off and my fingers are tiny so theyd look weird- what do you think?

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

chinese and "full price" are two words that will never ever go together LOL. to us, full price is just for show and you can always get a deal; you just have to know how to do it ;)

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Katie @ Chalk it up to Better Luck said...

I NEVER pay full price. I shop off the clearance rack, I get every possible discount, I utilize the coupons they give you at check out...I think I have only paid full price for things that I just MUST have I can't get around that fact. Everything you bought is adorable!

Rach said...

The back of that white dress is fabulous! I love it! And girl, you know I don't pay full price, ha!

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Full price is NOT my friend. It all goes on sale eventually!

Really cute dresses!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

I've heard of a midi dress but not a midi ring. And I have never heard of that store! Love those dresses. I love it when places offer military discounts. I forget to ask a lot and for years it turns out Express offers one and I didn't even know. Hooray for shopping and blowing fun money!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

LOVE all your new dresses! I have never heard of that store but must check it out and see what goodies I can find.

Kathryn B said...

I love the blue and white dress! Super cute! I suck at looking for discounts. Especially for clothing. I one day hope to be better at it.

Jen said...

I refuse to pay full price for anything!

P!nky said...

You are soooo shopper savvy. I try to shop on sale, but sometimes I just HAVE to have something.

DOH!

xoxo

Because Shanna Said So said...

Okay, now I am dying to know about your masterpiece!! :) Can't wait to hear!! And I LOVE Altar'd State! They have the cutest store layout and so many fun pieces....their sales are AH-mazing too!!! Great haul, lady!! xoxo

Holly said...

I rarely pay full price for anything. Literally anything. I am drawn to the sale tags and clearance racks in every store for everything I buy - clothes, food, makeup, etc. Getting a good deal is like crack to me! Cute new duds, woman!

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

Cute! Nice job shoppin' mama.

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

I try not to pay full price whenever possible but I'm also impatient so it's a struggle!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

P. S. You look fierce in the blue maxi dress!

Jen Mc said...

You are a girl after my own heart! Sales and clearance are the BEST!

Jamie Hart said...

The midi rings are cute but I feel like it would take awhile to get used to them.. I would probably always feel like they were going to come off my finger.

Megan Wadsworth said...

I'm loving the back of the dress on the top right!!

And no, you NEVER pay full price for things. I used to hate asking for a military discount, but now I'm over it. I like the extra 15% off :)

Anonymous said...

I don't do full price either, like, ever! And all of your finds are killer! Love the maxi and the dress with the cut-out back.

cynthia said...

You looks great (of course) in all of these but I LOVE that black & white shirt! Target? gonna go search for one! :)

Team O'Connor said...

I love Altar'd State! Good finds :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...