Friday, January 24, 2014

Proof That We Are Getting Old

I'm going to take you back to last Saturday night.
We knew we wanted to go to dinner, and then when we were invited to an MMA Fight, we decided that a full night out would be fun. After some deliberation, we decided to try out a Mongolian BBQ called HuHot, Buck came over, and off we went.


We happen to love Mongolian BBQ, so all was going smoothly...
That is, until Will suggested we go by the Super Liquor store and Redbox instead. We went from ready to party to even more ready to chillax on the couch in about two-point-five seconds, and this is when I realized that we are officially old. I mean we've been cancelling plans for years, but cancelling them after we are already out? That's a whole 'nother level. At least we were rested for Sunday Funday!


We went to lunch at one of my favorite places {cross that off the Colorado bucket list} and attempted to hike one more time since the weather was sunny and 50's.

We didn't actually take into consideration that the sun would hide behind Pike's Peak cutting our hike short, but we were proud that we braved the cold for at least a little bit in spite of our shorts. Lesson learned, mind the sun, and always layer.

Tuesday night, I made Cheeseburger Pizza which is Will's favorite, so that turned into his cake. I'm going to pretend that Cheeseburger pizza is healthy{er}. Yeah, let's go with that.

As you know, Will's actual Birthday was Wednesday, so we took the dog to our favorite park, and it was very nostalgic. We have spent a lot of time in this park for the last three years, and are definitely going to miss it when we move. It has become somewhat of a 'secret' place, and I think every couple needs a secret place.

Other than an accidental nap I told you we were old, Will loves Mexican so we planned dinner at Hacienda. It was another place we hadn't tried yet, but we loved every bit of it!


The plan was that I would have one margarita and drive, so that he could drink it up. However, as we were walking to the truck, I realized that I shouldn't be driving. Thank goodness Will only had two, and he got a kick out of me not being able to drive after one. Hey, safety first people! As I look back on the last week, I am filled with warm fuzzies. We were able to experience new things, revisit some places for the last time, and it practically felt like we were dating again. It was a fun, flirty, Birthday week, and his Birthday celebrations aren't even over.

We may be old...But we are ridiculously happy, and I wouldn't change a single thing.


18 comments:

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

i have embraced my old hagness. if anything starts at 7pm, i'm not going. i put my pjs on the second i get home so if i'm going out, i'm heading straight after work it not a damn thing will pry me off my couch.

and my idea of a great night out: dinner at 5pm, out of there by 730 and home in bed by 8. OMG this is embarrassing that i'm actually telling the interwebs what an old lady i am.

kathy
Vodka and Soda

P!nky said...

Looks like an amazing week lady! and that food is to die for, yum yum!

happy bday will!

The Pink Growl said...

1. y'all are just way too cute! 2. the last thing I need is more proof that I'm getting old! haha

Helene in Between said...

if y'all are old then you make it look good!!! love y'all!

Analilia said...

Ha ha!! This sounds like Stevan and I. Our "Date Night" usually consists of redbox and maybe dinner out. It's just fun being staying in sometimes in your sweatpants/comfy clothes. It's what getting old is about.

http://ride-thespiral.blogspot.com

Kenzie Smith said...

Aw sounds like you guys had a really great time :) Embrace the old! We do! Sometimes staying in with a movie is just what the doctor ordered.. plus you don't have to change out of your yoga pants, and that my friend, is a huge win. Love the photos!

Blush and Barbells said...

Happy Birthday to Will!
and so happy you got to do some hiking, but yes, layering is key!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Looks like he had an amazing birthday! Happy Birthday Will!

Jen Mc said...

You are NOT old!!!! :) Sounds like a pretty good week.
Have a great weekend!

Rach said...

I'm sorry if this is the third time I've commented on this post. For some reason I'm having trouble with all the Blogger blogs I've been reading today. Anyway, it's totally okay to love nights in! I know I do! :) It looks like you guys have been properly celebrating his birthday! :)

Brittany said...

Sounds like a great week. Lots of yummy food :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I love how y'all live in the moment and enjoy life to the fullest. You two are so full of love and life!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate!

Megan Wadsworth said...

I had Hacienda Colorado last week, it's SO GOOD. Hope Will had a great birthday and you're enjoying your last little bit of Colorado!!

Jenn said...

Happy belated to Will!
Looks like the week was awesome (and yummy!)...and you got to wear shorts...which means I'm jealous of you immediately :)

Kathryn B said...

Nothing wrong with being old.:) I LOVE Mongolian BBQ! We don't have one close and that makes me sad because I used to always be a half hour away from one. Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Kim said...

Great pictures! So glad you and Will had a great birthday week! :)

Anonymous said...

I don;t think it makes us old! I would much rather be home and comfy than out most of the time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...