Wednesday, January 8, 2014

No Two Snowflakes Are The Same

I planned on checking in on Monday, but there was no way that was going to happen...Then I planned on posting for Tuesday, until I I realized I was walking zombie. At this point, I've begun uploading/editing the trip pictures, but having over 200 is making this process extra hard. I guess the recap will be coming to you Friday? For now, I'll just say that it was everything I wanted it to be, and totally worth the loss of sleep.

Instead, let's talk about this crazy weather! Everyone said that this winter was going to be nuts, and boy are they right. It was 50's when I left and a snowy 8* when we got back. The following was taken Tuesday morning, and not a single filter was used. I actually took it very quickly while getting ready for work, and when I uploaded it to the computer last night, I realized how truly beautiful it was. Perhaps it will take your breath away too, or perhaps I'm too easily impressed. I'm okay either way.

If that doesn't impress you, maybe the next will. In case you haven't seen it on IG, I took this one morning while my truck warmed up. In three years, I had never seen the snowflakes stuck to the window like this, and now I have seen it twice. I feel like this is Colorado's way of saying goodbye to us. Don't burst my bubble.

I guess my point that has evolved today, is to always enjoy the simple things, and allow yourself to be wowed. Not everything revolves around social media, even though I totally took these and immediately thought 'I will blog about these'. In turn, if you don't have anything to blog about, you may need to get out there and actually experience life, ya know? For more awe and wonder, go scroll through this site. I totally spent an hour on it this morning, and already feel like a new person.

Hope your New Year is starting off well. However, if it's not, it's up to you to change it. Perception Is Everything, and only YOU can find your own happiness. Someone I met in Florida told me I speak in Haiku and inspirational quotes...I now realize he was completely accurate. It ain't easy being cheesy, unless you are me, apparently. Ciao!



20 comments:

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

That first picture took my breath away, it is stunning! I love the snowflakes on your window, they made an absolutely gorgeous pattern! Stay warm girl!

Pamela said...

I lovveee youuuu & your outlook on life!! I want some snow!

Rach said...

Both of those photos are absolutely gorgeous!

Megan Wadsworth said...

I'm very jealous you are soon off to warmer adventures. As much as I am enjoying my time here in CO, I miss the south. The warm, warm south.

Jenn said...

That picture IS stunning. Love the pretty colors!
Definitely important to take time to enjoy the small things and simple pleasures. I'm glad you're appreciating all of the tiny things before your move (even if you're chilly while doing it :) hehe)

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

That first picture is stunning! There is always one thing in everyday that can be enjoyed you just have to stop to appreciate it!

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can see that it will be easy to miss CO! You are going to Bama next, right?

Fran @ Sassy Southern Bride said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can see that it will be easy to miss CO! You are going to Bama next, right?

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love these captures of winter's beauty :)

Helene in Between said...

wow, that's cold. im over in texas still freezing my butt off but I can't even imagine that!! and can't wait to see all your pics!

Nicole said...

This weather has been crazy and has been giving some gorgeous skies!! We're finally supposed to warm up this week but supposed to get more sleet/snow/ice tonight... ugh!

Erin said...

Snowflakes aren't the same but we are. Because I wrote a post just like this when I picked up a pretty red leaf this fall. Stopping to smell the roses, are look at the snow, is always needed!

Erin said...

Snowflakes aren't the same but we are. Because I wrote a post just like this when I picked up a pretty red leaf this fall. Stopping to smell the roses, are look at the snow, is always needed!

Kenzie Smith said...

Such gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing! It's always nice to take a moment and just enjoy life and the things that surround you. I know I don't do that enough.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I totally agree that perception is everything and it is up to that individual to find happiness.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

The first photo is amazing.

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

Wow, that is COLD!!! Glad it didn't affect any travel plans for you.

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

The last picture is beyond gorgeous!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Beautiful pictures!! You are so right, our life is a story and we are the ones to write it and tell it. Make the most of everything!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think BOTH of those pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I love nature photos.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...