Monday, July 29, 2013

The Good And Not-So-Bad Of Last Week!

Happy, happy Monday!
I know that sounds strange, but I had one very glorious day off yesterday and Will forbade me to do anything but relax. He also told me to quit working so much, so I even gave up one of my six shifts this week. I now realize that working excessively is NOT worth it, and I just can't hang like I used to. That and the fact that traveling, working in vastly different Colorado stores, and trying to keep up with everyday life is just too much. Thank goodness for my supportive husband that knows me better than I know myself.

Reasons why this last week rocked my socks:

#1 I got to hang out with this pretty lady for the week:


#2 My new job role is AMAZING.
Like seriously, my boss actually said, and I quote, "It's like you were meant for this job. In fact, you should take my job. You'd probably be better at it." BAM.

So what is it exactly? We are starting a new training program that we are creating from scratch at the same time. It makes it a little tough, but that's kind of why I love it. We are teaching the girls and learning ourselves in the process, and with zero materials or guidelines, we just inspire based off of what we know and love about Hooters. Most of the girls we are training are afraid of "corporate" coming in, but I'm proud to say that I received hugs from them every day and I actually cried when I left the store. In three days I became attached and felt so fulfilled.

#3 We got to celebrate Buck's Dirty 30 in Denver.
We had an amazing dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, and then hit up downtown for fun and games! I get really bored just sitting at a bar, so when I saw that the Viewhouse had party games set up, I was in heaven.





I just love us...Mid-night photoshoot using my new remote:


And this is what happens when Buck has the camera. 
Obviously, I was in good spirits.


#4 Will and I started having phone dates every night instead of just texting.
We tend to text a lot, but it's just not enough when we aren't going to see each other for a month. We decided that we need to actually talk on the phone, and it is amazing to hear his voice each night. Every little bit helps ;)

#5 My truck broke down.
I know this seems like a bad thing, but let me break it down for ya.
I actually had to work a night shift at the Kipling Hooters for the first time in YEARS {I'm a 'Day girl'}, so I had a drink after work with the managers. Yes, I drank two nights in a row. When we left, they waited until I got in my truck, and we all headed out. Well, until my truck wouldn't turn over. Thank goodness Chris didn't race off so I was able to catch him, and as we had no jumper cables {dumb on my part}, he took me to the hotel. The next day, my awesome roomie took me back and then my REGIONAL Manager didn't hesitate to help me fix it. It was actually a simple fix, and it just made me feel so good that they all jumped at the chance to help me. I felt so taken care of by people that I barely even know...Makes me tear up as I type this, actually.

I had to thank them, so I picked up a few little cards and this.
{Like my decorating skills?}


I posted that to Facebook as well, and the status read:
"Lesson for today kids: Keep your car battery terminals clean if you want your battery to actually power your vehicular device, and make sure to thank your rescuers with a personalized cookie cake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah...I am feeling pretty fulfilled after last week, and am happy that it helped the time fly by to get closer to wrapping my arms around Will. It also has me excited for what this week holds. I'm working in store through Wednesday and then off to Denver again Thursday. I will be training at our Parker Road store on Thursday, and then we have a Charity Golf Tournament on Friday. I originally wasn't going to work the Golf Tournament, but now they have asked me to sing the National Anthem, and by asked, I mean Volun-TOLD. I'm soooo nervous, and I don't know why. I mean, yes, I always have stage fright, but I'm feeling the pressure! How do I get myself into these things? Sheesh.

Well, I just got a knock on the door from the meter man. I guess we are getting some new "Smart Meter", and he will turn the power off for a couple. I'm taking that as my cue to go to work. Remember kids, Perception really IS Everything, and enjoy your Monday!








22 comments:

californiadreamin said...

HAHA love that cake! That restaurant looks fun! My hubby is from Denver and we fly in once a year for a Broncos game, so we'll have to hit it up this year :)

californiadreamin said...

HAHA love that cake! That restaurant looks fun! My hubby is from Denver and we fly in once a year for a Broncos game, so we'll have to hit it up this year :)

Jenn said...

Sounds like a really great week, minus a little hiccup!

Cece @Mahogany Drive said...

That's awesome that you are gaining such a sense of fulfillment from your job! That's always great. And that you are scaling back the hours. Life is just too dang short. It so is not worth it. Glad everyone took care of you. You are a sweetheart and they know it.

Nikki said...

Sounds like you are killing it at your new job! Knew you would! Kill it more momma! National Anthem? You GOT THIS!

Sami said...

I am so happy to hear that you are loving the new job. That makes me super happy for you :) I'm also glad we got to spend time together last week.. you are such a fabulous person to be around! Oh, and all of these pictures are making me laugh! Love you lady!

Pamela said...

SO happy for you! Glad you are loving your new job. I hate car problems!! I hopped in my car yesterday & it wouldn't start!! It was the battery! Had to buy a new one! $113! Ah. Thankfully my car will be paid off in January, so I am praying nothing major happens for a REAL LONG TIME! I want to keep this baby for a lonnnggg time ha

Nicole said...

The cake is great! I'm sure they loved it. When I got my first car, my dad set me up with this whole little kit for any type of emergency I might encounter. I've used that thing more times than I can count! It helps to be prepared sometimes, but also nice to have friendly people to help you out :) Good luck with the national anthem! I think someone should record it and you should share it with us :)

Heather Ann said...

hey pretty girl!
haven't talked to you in awhile....
your weekend looks like a lot of fun! :)

Dinah Gacon said...

That cake is fantastic, so funny!!! I remember a time when I had a flat tire and the hubby was out of town and I wasn't sure if I was going about it the right way, a neighbor that we really didn't talk to much helped and it just made my night. That is so cool that your co workers were there, yay!!!

xo Dinah @ Sunshine super glam

Anonymous said...

Awww... you are right. Texting is ok but listening to your loved one on the phone is way better. I'm in the same boat with the boyfriend being on different state right now.

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

Congrats on your new job!

J and A said...

So glad you love your new job and of course you are rocking at it!! I hate car trouble! But that cake is pretty awesome! I LOVE your hair!!

Jen said...

That cake is the best haha.

Rachel said...

That's awesome that even though you had car trouble--it was an easy fix and you were with the right kind of people to help you in just the way you needed! That's certainly the best kind of car trouble to have.

Kelly said...

Glad you are loving your new position, sounds like you are doing a super great job!

Kenzie Smith said...

That's wonderful that you have so much to be happy about! So glad that you are loving your new job position, it does sound like the perfect one for you :D That cookie cake is too funny!!

Niken said...

haha, love that cake. that's a ton of fun. glad you had a blast!

Kelly said...

That is so exciting that your job is going so well!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

Good for you girlie! Sounds like you're working hard and playing hard... def helps the time pass quickly until your main squeeze is back home. It's amazing when life lines up and work is good, home is right and friends are plenty. Happy for ya!!

Nicole said...

Now I want a cookie cake.. lol :)

Rach said...

Looks like you guys had fun together! Sorry about the truck breaking down, but at least it turned out okay! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...