Friday, December 9, 2011

Grocery Shopping For The Good Stuff.

I'll have you know that the hubby made dinner all on his own tonight!...Or maybe he just felt bad because for the past two nights I have spent catching up on grocery shopping #imaslacker
Hey, what can I say? Having him home makes me not want to waste time with things like groceries, but then I realized that I should probably quit slacking in the wife department and make some home cooked meals. 
All that matters is that he made Faux-fried Chicken Fingers and Mashed Cauliflower.  Boy does he know me well ;)


Armed with the weekly sale adds, coupons and my list- I braved the cold and holiday shoppers to play some catch up.  I won't go into all the crazy shenanigans, but you know how it goes.  I of course stocked up on the essentials, but also picked up a few gems:

If you haven't seen these, you need to go pick some up stat.  They are both phenomenal and although Honey Butter can be found year-round, the Pumpkin Spice is definitely seasonal.


I have been dreaming about Jenn's Kabocha Fries recipe over at Peas & Crayons and I FOUND a Kabocha Squash at the Asian Market!  Yep. I'm cool like that. I shop at Asian Markets ;)


While I was there I also picked up those neat "authentic" seasoning packets and will be having lots of fun with those soon as well.  I must admit- that probably won't happen till after Christmas, though. Between my blogiversary coming up *hint hint*, finishing our "Craft Christmas"presents and planning Christmas dinner- new recipes probably aren't happening. 

Another reason I'm a slacker: I have recipes to post from months ago that just hadn't made it into rotation.  That means lots of yummies to share with y'all soon!

Well, enjoy y'alls Friday!  I have to work my tail off today, so I'll just be happy when it's over!!!


1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I saw that butter and was too afraid to try it! Maybe I should now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...