Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sturgis, South Dakota

Sturgis is not just a small town in South Dakota-no, no, no...For those of you who have not heard of it, it is the namesake of the largest Bike Rally in the United States (possibly the World, but I'm not positive), boasting an attendance of 500,000+ in a state where the population of the ENTIRE state is only 755,000.  That's a LOTTA people and a LOTTA bikes! 


I'm sure you are wondering why lil ol' me is blogging about such an event...Well...
As of next Wednesday, I will be an attendee of this insanity against my will for work.  Don't get me wrong- I hear it's an amazing experience and life-changing- but I wouldn't really say it's "my scene".  Plus I am leaving Will and Weiser behind, which is a double negative.

(I am excited to see Mount Rushmore!)

In order to get myself through this, I'm going to try to look at it as an adventure.  It's always good to get out of your comfort zone and try something new, and if this doesn't count, then I don't know what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks, does.  Did I mention that I'm going with five girls that I have never even met?  What's worse is that they all know each other, which makes me a TOTAL outsider. Yikes.  I'm pretty sure that this is going to be a true test of my character, and hopefully I can rise to the challenge!  I've learned that it's not the situation you are in, but how you react to said situation that determines the outcome.  I plan on making sure this trip has a GRAND outcome. Even if it kills me. ;)


Wish me luck on my first trip to South Dakota, and for my dad's sake-pray that I return safely! 
(Fear not, though- we have our own security!)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...