Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Women That Raised Me

I am lucky enough to have two moms, three wonderful grandma's and countless other positive female influences in my life that I would like to celebrate today. You see, I am a part of a blended family and I wouldn't have it any other way, because regardless of blood, I love all of them equally.  As a matter of fact, my step-mother is closer to me than my own "blood" mother.  She's the one that raised me, so there is a bond there that cannot be denied.

My FAVORITE pic of the woman that helped me become who I am:
Ms. Rita Pepita Lopez (family nickname)

Photobucket

She and I have had our issues, as every mother/daughter relationship has, but we have loved each other unconditionally and more importantly- she makes my daddy happy.  As long as they are happy-I am happy, and as of this year, they are 19 years happy!! How awesome is that?

The Pictionary Dominators!

A few fun facts about this lovely lady:
She is a HUGE Bama fan (and the Braves to as a matter of fact)
She makes THE MOST AMAZING Chicken n' Dumplins you have ever eaten!
(And don't ever pass up her pancakes, either...)
She is addicted to QVC (but don't tell her I told you ;)
She is an elementary school teacher and has been teaching for mor ethan 30 YEARS!!
My Dad fell for her when she was about 17 and flipping burgers at McD's.  He was 12-13 at the time.
Funnily enough, his best friend married her sister, but the relationship still didn't flower until 5 years after I came along and he was again single.  He would run by her house in the morning hoping to run into her...Isn't that just adorable?

Here is my otha' motha' ;)

with his new wife and new mother-in-law ;)



A few facts about her as well:
She was born in Louisiana and her accent still comes out sometimes.
Everybody thinks she eats a lot, but really she's a picker like me...we just like picking at things all day lol
She's traveled a lot in her life time, which I love to do as well.
She's very smart and an incredible sales woman, but she's what you call a flibbertigibet. 
(That's a real word-look it up ;)
I could not have pulled off my wedding so seamlessly without her...Probably the thing I am most thankful for of her <3

So who are the other Strong, beautiful, wonderful women in my life?

Well, this picture showcases:
My Aunt Boots in red- A lovely cajun-spicy woman that I'm always excited to see.
My Grandma in the middle- She is truly my idol and favorite person in the world.
And my BB on the right- Granny B makes the BEST holiday breakfasts! Chocolate Biscuits anyone?

Photobucket

My other grandma, whom we call Tata:

Photobucket


She's the one mid-right, although-I might as well claim Stella (mid-left) because she's pretty much part of the family too!

And last year I added a MOTHER-IN-LAW!!  Thank goodness she's Awesome!

Islands of Adventure!! surfin' with my mother-in-law!

So basically, you see that I am a very lucky girl to have such amazing women in my life...Don't know where I'd be without them all. 
 Every one of them has taught me so much and I am forever grateful.  Truly.



3 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Such a sweet post! I loved your comment about your pup! Such a GREAT story with a happy happy ending. And you got a mix! Love it :)

Janna Renee said...

I was so happy to read your post, since it makes me so proud that we rescued him!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a sweet tribute! I hope you have a wonderful week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...